LGBT Divorce And Family Law
New York laws and federal laws are constantly changing. Nowhere is this seen more clearly than in regard to the rights available to members of the LGBT community. Due to recent Supreme Court decisions, same-sex couples are entitled to marry and enjoy all the related protections and benefits.
From her Bronxville office, attorney Joan Iacono represents clients throughout the counties of Westchester, Bronx, Dutchess, Putnam and beyond, regardless of their gender or sexual orientation. She is sensitive to LGBT family law issues and concerns, and she is available to handle:
- Same-sex divorce — With more than 30 years of experience, Joan Iacono is a same-sex divorce lawyer in Bronxville who is experienced in assisting couples with the challenges that come with ending a relationship. If you are in a domestic partnership, not a marriage, she can also assist with the legal dissolution of that partnership.
- Child custody and visitation — Custody can be challenging for many gay and lesbian couples, because the status of a child born during the relationship is often unclear. Because the child is not really a product of the union, it takes legal skill to present a compelling case for an unrelated man or woman to have custody. Joan Iacono has this skill. She was the first New York lawyer to obtain visitation rights for a lesbian with her partner’s children.
- Second-parent adoptions — Attorney Joan Iacono has handled numerous second-parent adoptions for same-sex couples throughout New York. She advises clients on what to expect and guides them through the complex legal requirements.
- Estate planning — Having a secure estate plan is important for couples of all sexual orientations. Joan Iacono can help you craft the customized documents you need to protect your family, pass your assets to those you love and make advance health care decisions.
- Immigration — Joan Iacono understands that relationships are not confined to one country. If you are an American who wants to bring your same-sex partner or spouse to this country, she can refer you to knowledgeable resources.
Iacono Law Is Ready To Assist You
Set up a consultation by calling 914-961-0565 or 845-225-0824 or by emailing Iacono Law today.